Linggo, Setyembre 14, 2014

The Miracle of not having electricity in the morning

Sad to say, it's been my natural reflex to check my phone in the morning instead of -- I don't know-- being thankful that I'm alive or just staring at the ceiling. 


After looking at the time, I would open my Facebook app and mindlessly scan the news feed or read my notifications. Then, after my social-net cravings have been satisfied, I would finally get out of bed. Just by that you can tell how technology has dominated my life (though my inner hipster struggles to resist).

This morning was different. When I woke up and checked my phone, I saw that the Wi-fi has been disabled. At first, I thought that my brother meddled with the connection once again so I felt a bit annoyed. But when I got out of bed for breakfast, I realized that it wasn't the Wi-fi that was off. We just didn't have electricity.

Initial reaction: Aww. I was planning to finish my projects today. Guess, I'd have to cram tomorrow. 

Second reaction: Who am I kidding? I really just wanted to blog today.

Anyway, when I got to our dinning table, I noticed that everyone was present. It was a rare sight because our schedules often conflicted (especially since I had been busy with filming) and we didn't eat as a family anymore. *sigh of contentment* It felt great!

Breakfast together mean sharing stories (and yes, even dad's corny jokes). I really really missed this part. We just went on, catching up about each others lives. It was then that I realized that despite living under the same roof, we missed each other.

I was so so so happy that I even shared a KV story to my parents. Other kids would be embarassed to do this but... yeah. It was worth it because I got to see my parents squealing like teenagers.

Without electricity, my morning slowed down and our family needed that. I guess, when the Lord serves breakfast, you can't not eat together.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento