Martes, Mayo 27, 2014

Summer Classes: A Recap

It's been over for a while but I couldn't breathe a sigh of relief until I got my grades earlier today. I guess, that was the closure that I was looking for. 

It's finally over. Ta-ta.

It's my first time to take summer classes and initially, I thought I couldn't adjust. It was going way too fast and the things we had to do (almost) never run out. The heat was also a dragging factor and so was the idea that other people were partying while we were in school.
But now that I think of it, I think going to miss focusing on only two subjects for hours. Also, those two subjects have changed me tremendously so of course, I'd keep on remembering some summer-related moments.

For this semester (?), I took Writing for Print and Writing for Broadcast subjects. Both were challenging and despite my love for writing, I got confused at times. 

Wriprin: I'll be honest. I felt a little too comfortable at first since I practiced most of our lessons as a campus journalist. But unexpectedly, this subject taught me so much. 1) I gave me a purpose in writing. 2) It helped me with my  identity as a journalist. 3) It inspired me to write and write and write. 4) It showed me how to improve (and continue to improve) my writing. 5) It made me grow as a person. 6) It pushed me to try lay-outing. 7) It made me comfortable with working in a group and fully-trusting every member. 8) It made me fall in love with words, over and over again. 9) It taught me to trust my decisions and to continue improving so that I could earn the trust I gave myself. 
I love this subject so much (if it wasn't obvious already).

Wribrod: Right from the start, I knew that I'd struggle with this subject because I had zero information about broadcasting. I wasn't fond of watching new shows too. Also, writing for print is completely different from writing for broadcasts so I had to shift from the style I knew to this foreign technique and that (sometimes) threw me off. But, despite everything, I made it! I learned 1) how to speak like a broadcaster 2) how to loosen my writing style 3) how to adapt to different situations 4) how to act confident despite all odds.
Overall, summer classes weren't that of a bummer. I'll always have the experiences that I had and I won't trade those for anything.

P.S. I wrote a bunch of stuff for class and I'd probably share them here.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento