Sabado, Hunyo 9, 2012

Growing Up

It's a lot different now. I'm no longer the toddler who shows off her cute tum-tum and dances when her parents tell her to do so. I'm not the chubby cheeked six year old that wears Barbie dresses for a school talent show. I'm not the awkward dressing high school student. I'm a sixteen year old college student who's getting closer and closer to the real world with a tick of the clock.

And since, I'm already older and more mature... I can't help but make changes for myself. I can't help but try to modify a few parts of me so that I can suit my environment.

Dressing up. I'm already more aware of what I'll wear and how I'll look. I guess, a part of me gave in to my insecurities. Let's face it. I want to be beautiful somehow. In my own way, I already know that I am. But that doesn't mean that other people know that. They judge at just a glance. I want to look pretty so that they can be interested in the real me. That's why I buy clothes that will give me a statement or a good impression. It's about time too. Most teenagers have this phase during high school and I'm at college and I'm just starting.

Being better. I want to be a better singer. I want to be a better writer. I want to be a better student. I want to be a better sister and daughter. I exert a lot of effort to make everything just flawless.

Making friends. One of the things that a teenager like me needs is to be accepted. I will only feel that once I make friends. Even if I have tons of friends, it's a little hard for me to make new ones because I'm kind of a shy type at first. I'd prefer if another person will approach me at first. But once I begin to engage in a conversation and open up, it will be smooth from there. I'm the type of person that gives importance to friendship so I choose my friends carefully.

Going for the IN factor. I can't deny it. I sometimes check out what is trending so that I can know what's the talk of the town. When I know what the popular topics are, I feel like I belong at some point. I can talk about it and share things about it.

I'll still be me. I know that. But I still feel like I have to have some changes to improve. I hope I won't go overboard though.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento