Lunes, Hunyo 25, 2012

I Won't Give Up On Us

I have this dream. And this dream is something amazing. This dream is beautiful and perfect... and it is mine. 

But I am afraid. I'm afraid that I can't reach my goals. I'm afraid that I will fail and fall. I am scared that I will shatter and that this wonderful dream would be... gone forever. I am terrified of disappointing myself, others and God. I don't want them to mock me and overlook my efforts.

Failing -- it's not a great experience. It's not something that I look forward to everyday. And I can't say that I'm "alright" even after working hard and being rejected. Let me give you examples:


  1. Failing the test that you studied so hard for
  2. Being scolded by your mom even after you tidied your room
  3. Being rejected even after being brave to confess
  4. Finding out that your crush likes someone else after trying to be close to him
  5. Breaking up with your long time boyfriend
  6. Losing your childhood best friends
And that's not all of it. One word: OUCH.

I actually had an interesting experience to write this post today.  Our reporting for a certain class is today. And it didn't go that well. I don't want to elaborate the details but I'll share how it felt.

I really didn't care much about the grade. I just really felt disappointed in me. I could've done better. I mean, given the time and resources, I'm sure that it'll work out. But I can't reverse the time... so I can just sigh. I want to blame someone but I find that every party is guilty one way or another. I want to be sad or to be angry... but nothing. I failed. What's the point in dwelling over the emotions that won't help? I'll just take this as a challenge and do better next time.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento