Linggo, Hunyo 10, 2012

In the Cyber World

I was logged on to Facebook when I was scrolling down my News Feed. I encountered new faces that I didn't usually see for the past years that I've been using the site. Most of them are my block mates in college. The notifications written on my News Feed are about him adding her. Her adding him. I've been doing the same for the past days too. I guess, we will only really feel connected once we contacted each other in the cyber world.

It's so different on FB and inside our classrooms. At school, I can only talk to a handful of people... talk in a way that is more than just a small talk about the homework. There are about ten people that I opened up to about myself. Yes, I can talk as in say things to others but it's different. But online, I suddenly feel more brave. I can comment, post and say anything that I want without being conscious. Even my other block mates feel the same. Randomly, one of them will contact me to say something. Some will ask about requirements. A few will just check on me and try to initiate a conversation.

The real world and the cyber world seem to exist in two different universes. The first one seems to be harsh and scary for some. If you're a pessimist, reality will always be an imperfect place to live in. There are too many problems to solve and too many risks to take. The cyber world may look like an escape.... a place where you can start all over again. It can be a fabricated paradise where you can be bolder even at the comfort of your home. You can suddenly do this and say that.

I guess, the point of this blog entry is to show the differences of the two. And also, I'd just like to say that both worlds have their loopholes. The only way to make our stay in both places happy is to be responsible for everything we do. Let us not hide from the harsh reality. Let us not compose a perfect life and live it recklessly. Let us make right decisions... ones that we will not regret.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento